Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Paper Mache Maddness

I have fallen in love with a new medium....Papier Mache! I still like polymer clay but the finish I get with paper mache is fantastic. I have always enjoyed paper mache folk art pieces and I am really inspired to take my Whimsy Houses in that direction.
This is a pic of my first one. I'm donating it to a Charity auction for a friend of mine that has a husband with cancer.
More of these houses are being made and will be in my next store update, soon.

3 comments:

craftpile said...

Wow...very pretty. I love the texture! It still looks like your houses..but with a nice added whimsy. Sorry about friend...very sweet of you to donate. oxox

storybeader said...

Your little houses are so cute! I didn't realize this was paper mache - it's adorable! Good luck with your new space!

300 North Jackson said...

Hi. I also work some w/ polymer clay. I love your little houses (just bought 2 on estsy for graduation gifts!), but I think you really achieve that folk art feel w/ the paper mache!

can't wait to see what else you come up with :)

http://ajellygirl.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails